Bouffalo Labs BL602 is a low-cost, low-power RISC-V microcontroller that provides 2.four GHz WiFi and Bluetooth 5.zero LE connectivity for IoT initiatives at a value of round ESP8266. We first found it final yr, together with a improvement board.
Pine64 has developed its personal PineCone board that comes with the $ 2 PineNut module, and a few reverse engineering work has began with the BL602 SDK. However now there’s a smaller BL602 module with “Machine Intelligence” (that is the corporate identify) BL-63B that prices $ 1.5 at Taobao in China in addition to LCSC Electronics, though it is advisable to purchase 1000 to get that value, and the unit value is at the moment $ 2.5.
BL-63B WiFI and BLE module specs:
- SoC – Bouffalo Labs BL602 32-bit RISC-V processor @ as much as 192 Mhz with 276 KB RAM, 128 KB ROM, 1 KB eFuse, WiFi and BLE
- Reminiscence – 2MB Flash
- 2.four GHz 802.11b / g / n WiFI four 1 × 1 SISO as much as 65 Mbit / s (802.11n) or 26 Mbit / s (802.11g)
- Bluetooth LE 5.zero
- PCB antenna
- 11 pads and thru holes with
- As much as 5x GPIO, UART, ADC, DAC, PWM, I2C, SPI, IR
- Reset to default
- three.3V and GND
- Extra check pads for GND (2x), IO8 and IO5
- Provide voltage – three.zero to three.6 V.
- Dimensions – 17.three x 15 x three mm (DIP-11)
- Temperature vary – -30 ° C to +85 ° C
- FCC ID – 2AVTT-BL63B (Nevertheless it does not present up on the FCC web site but)
There are additionally references to TYWE2S with BL-63B module. TYWE2S seems to be each a modular kind issue and an “RTOS platform that integrates all of the operate libraries of the Wi-Fi MAC and TCP / IP protocols” and can be used on Tuya’s ESP8285 module, making the BL-63B BL602 -Module could be a drop-in alternative with the identical pinout and firmware.
About Lup Yuen Lee (MisterTechBlog)
Jean-Luc began CNX Software program part-time in 2010 earlier than quitting his job as a software program engineering supervisor and later in 2011, beginning writing information and opinions every day.
Set your customized HTML tab content material for the writer in your profile web page
Help the CNX software program! Donate through PayPal or cryptocurrencies, develop into a patron of Patreon or purchase check samples