It’s that point of yr once more. Time to consider the approaching yr. And for me, it’s time to rethink what has grow to be an annual custom: making predictions about what’s forward of us for robotic course of automation (RPA), synthetic intelligence (AI), and automation.
This yr is the third yr in a row that I’ve performed this. In 2018 I began writing an article highlighting six tendencies that I believed we might see in 2019. I attempted once more in 2019, however this time as a part of my presentation at our FORWARD III convention the place I made seven predictions for RPA, AI and automation for 2020.
In case you’re interested by these predictions (and the way correct I used to be), right here’s a fast have a look at what I predicted for 2020:
- An impending world financial downturn would encourage the introduction of automation. Sufficient mentioned!
- RPA would grow to be YouTube for automation by serving as a repository for automation, simply as YouTube shops video content material.
- Extra firms would mix and reuse software program robots, leading to extra predictable deployments and simpler scaling.
- Youthful generations of staff would proceed to drive the adoption and use of automation. Specifically, new college students getting into the office usually tend to query the established order and search for new approaches.
- We might proceed to be stunned by the intelligence of the machines, particularly if we transfer from synthetic intelligence to synthetic instinct.
- RPA could be featured on the world stage as organizations such because the United Nations and the World Financial Discussion board. And the organizations would flip to RPA to assist create new jobs, increase wages, and gas world financial development.
- The consolidation between RPA suppliers and automation-driven service firms would speed up additional.
My predictions for RPA, AI, and automation in 2021
This yr, I plan to make six new predictions on the upcoming Reboot Work Competition, which is able to happen December 15-17, 2021. That being mentioned, this digital occasion can be a good way to study from your entire world group and trade executives share their imaginative and prescient for the absolutely automated enterprise. It’s not too late to enroll. I hope you’ll attend this yr’s Reboot Work Competition.
1. RPA turns into the brand new ERP
I anticipate that the worldwide methods integrator (GSI) and exam-based consulting agency group will encourage and prepare hundreds of staff to dedicate themselves to automation. And that GSIs will do the identical as they did within the 1990s with ERP (Enterprise Useful resource Planning) software program.
I consider that these firms are realizing that the automation trade is poised for explosive development and seeing a really actual alternative to promote enterprise methods and enablement providers to assist their prospects achieve new advantages, very similar to they did earlier than ERP.
2. Facilities of Excellence (CoEs) grow to be revenue facilities
This forecast represents an enormous change: in 2021, firms will discover that automation operations not solely assist them get monetary savings, however may function a revenue-generating platform to create new income streams.
three. We think about bridging automation islands
I count on the trade will flip its consideration to robotic resilience in 2021. Specifically, RPA distributors want to assist their prospects keep away from creating separate islands of automation operations that over time can grow to be inoperable, troublesome to take care of, and intensely costly. In my discuss, I may also describe how a give attention to enterprise course of administration can deal with these challenges.
four. We’ll depend on work-from-home robots
Distant working accelerates the transition from full-time employment to gig-based work.
UiPath has the imaginative and prescient of a “robotic for each human”. I see that this imaginative and prescient will grow to be a actuality within the close to future and every human could have their very own robotic (or digital assistant). I count on the RPA market will adapt to help this additional shift to distant managed fashions.
5. The worker expertise turns into simply as essential because the buyer expertise
Why is that this? Take the novel coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19 pandemic) for example. So many staff are affected by heightened concern and concern concerning the recession and what it would imply for them and their households. All the automation market should deal with this with operations and processes that assist enhance the worker expertise – essential to rising morale, engagement, and productiveness.
I additionally consider there’s a manner to make use of automation to enhance CX and EX, and I’ll present extra info on this direct correlation in my subsequent presentation.
6. RPA is changing into extra transformative
Have you ever seen that “digital transformation” is a buzzword for firms? I consider that’s as a result of the overwhelming majority of digital transformation efforts on the whole – and automation specifically – are nonetheless too tactical in nature.
Nonetheless, I’m additionally assured that 2021 would be the yr that firms will start to make important modifications to working fashions throughout the board. In doing so, they may actually exploit the potential of digital transformation. I’m excited to see how RPA can have an effect on these modifications within the yr forward.
I admit that these predictions could not current the identical rosy outlook that I had round this time final yr. However we will consider this time as a possibility. A possibility to use beneficial classes discovered in 2020 and thoroughly think about what’s subsequent.
At our digital Reboot Work Competition from December 15 to 17, 2020, I’ll go into extra element on every of those predictions. That is your likelihood to have a good time the automation and memorable human achievements that it makes doable. It’s not too late – register now!
Editor’s notice: The views introduced on this weblog submit belong to the creator and usually are not essentially consultant of UiPath.